Below are some of past internship experience during study at OSU. I appreciate the precious learning opportunities provided to me by these companies.
Software Developer, Epic Systems, 2012
- Led the development of a GIS component in the ICU monitor application for analyzing infection control data.
- Customized UI development by extending existing classes in the foundation libraries.
- Leveraged data templates, data binding and resource systems through MVVM design pattern.
- Participated in code reviews to ensure all solutions align with pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Teamed with other developers to make a testable, maintainable and scalable application through unit testing and DLL dependency management.
- Resolved coding defects and root causes using NUnit testing framework.
Documented the solution into developer and user manuals for future development.
Data Analyst, Three Scales Strategies, 2009
- Developed algorithms to mine large amount of textual data from open domain.
- Built spatial databases in ArcGIS to store, manipulate and visualize landuse and landcover data of the entire U.S..
- Integrated OCR softwares to convert scanned deed documents to discrete database values.
Web Developer, Asset Strategies Group, 2008
- Participated in the development of an enterprise system to support applications across all lines of retail business (market analysis, store selection, sales projection, and lease administration).
- Adapted spatial interaction model and trade area model to maximize clients’ opportunities in retail business.
- Developed a Google Maps application to visualize user defined queries and enable searching competitors.
- Programmed front end tools for viewing nearby stores, competitors and other local facilities.
Customized mapping functions to enable on-the-fly store highlighting and map generalization based on zoom levels.
- Worked with project managers to incorporate security requirements into design.
Graduate Associate, The Ohio State University, 2007 – 2013
- Managed the lab sessions for 10+ classes; lectured about 500 students; supported 10+ professors.
- Mediated between and within groups of students; reconciled individual needs and pedagogic goals.
- Guided students to develop Web-based applications using agile approach.
- Organized students to present project results to local communities.